The Australian Petroleum Production & Exploration Association Ltd (APPEA) is calling for nominations to fill eight vacancies on the APPEA Board.
Pursuant to APPEA’s Constitution, Directors are required to retire every two years on a rotational basis and may stand for re-election at that time.
In addition, Directors must also retire and may stand for re-election if they were appointed to fill a casual vacancy during the year.
This year, eight vacancies have arisen from the 16 member board. These vacancies will be filled by nomination and by election if required, with the results to be announced at the Annual General Meeting of APPEA on 29 November in Perth.
Retiring Directors are:
- Antonio Baldassarre, Managing Director, Eni Australia
- Colin Beckett, General Manager Greater Gorgon Area, Chevron Australia
- Mike Sangster, Managing Director, Total E&P Australia
- Mike Kelly, Country Manager, BHP Billiton Petroleum
- Rob Cole, Executive Director – Corporate and Commercial, Woodside Energy Ltd
- Bruce Lake, Managing Director, Vermillion Oil & Gas Ltd
- Grant King, Managing Director, Origin Energy
- Warren Ford, Deputy Managing Director and Director of Projects, Apache Energy Ltd.
The role of the APPEA Board is to operate at the highest level of policy and Government relations and to set and steer the overall strategic direction of the Association.
Nominees are therefore expected to hold the most senior position within the nominating company and at least the equivalent of the CEO of the oil and gas exploration and production business where the company has multiple businesses.
LNG World News Staff, October 25, 2012