The International Gas Union (IGU) and the CWC Group have announced the dates of the second Australia Gas conference taking place in Sydney 31 October – 2 November 2012, again endorsed by the Australian Gas Industry Trust. As Australia edges towards becoming the world’s largest LNG exporter by the end of the decade, the conference serves as a timely opportunity for international investors, Australian gas producers and LNG project developers to come together to discuss and debate forthcoming challenges and forge future solutions.
At a time when the International Energy Agency (IEA) hails gas as entering “golden age” due to its abundance and relative cleanness, the conference is set to provide a valuable platform for federal governments across Australia to set out their policies and visions to gas consumers and project investors from across the world.
The inaugural conference in 2011 was notable for the numbers of buyers from across Asia participating and included speeches from Tokyo Gas and the Ministry of Land & Resources in China. Buyers from across Asia will prove key to the success of Australia’s LNG future as sources of gas from regions such as North America and East Africa begin to emerge as potential competitors to the Asia Pacific market.
Recent months has seen a spate of M&A activity in Australian gas projects and the conference is set to further uncover future opportunities for international investors as Torstein Indrebø, Secretary General of the IGU explains, “Australia Gas will focus exclusively on the natural gas market and the forum will promote future opportunities within Australia and showcase development in conventional and unconventional projects.”
Speakers confirmed at Australia Gas 2012 include:
- The Hon. Minister Chris Hartcher MP, Minister for Resources and Energy, New South Wales Government
- Torstein Indrebø, Secretary General, IGU
- Martin Lambert, Senior Vice President, NWS Australia LNG
- Hilary Mercer, Vice President LNG and Integration, Arrow Energy
- Nigel Kuzemko, Global Director of LNG Development, Gazprom Marketing & Trading
- Atsunori Takeuchi, Chief Representative Asia Pacific, Tokyo Gas
- Bill Tinapple, Executive Director Petroleum, Department of Mines and Petroleum – Western Australia
- Paul Howes, National Secretary, The Australian Workers’ Union
- Dr A.K. Balyan, MD & CEO, Petronet LNG
- M. Suryadi Mardjoeki, Head of Gas and Oil Fuel Division, PLN (Indonesian State Electricity Corporation)
- Adrian Wood, Energy Analyst, Macquarie Bank
- Janet Hann, General Manager Australia Pacific LNG Project, Origin Energy
- Pascale Grieve, Business Development Manager, Gaztransport & Technigaz (GTT)
- Keith Bainbridge, Partner, RS Platou LLP
- Tony Petersen, Chairman, DOMGAS Alliance
- Graeme Bethune, CEO, EnergyQuest
- Pat Roberts, Associate Director – Gas, CWC Group
LNG World News Staff, June 19, 2012