The Chevron-led $10 billion Angola LNG project has cancelled an international supply tender just weeks after the plant in Soyo loaded its first post-shutdown cargo.
The 5.2 million tons per year LNG plant was closed in April 2014 after a major rupture on a flare line.
“I can confirm that we have cancelled the next tender with the objective of rescheduling it to align it with our operations. We expect to reissue the tender shortly,” an Angola LNG spokeswoman told LNG World News on Tuesday.
To remind, Angola LNG said the first cargo after shutdown was loaded at Soyo in early June, adding that the facility is expected to load further LNG and LPG cargoes as part of the commissioning and testing process.
The first cargo was reportedly bought by Geneva-headquartered trader Vitol trough a tender launched by Angola LNG.
Angola LNG said earlier this month that further cargoes will be sold globally in a variety of ways, including international sales tenders.
Angola LNG is a joint venture between Sonangol (22.8%), Chevron (36.4%), BP (13.6%), Eni (13.6%), and Total (13.6%).
LNG World News Staff