Chinese Company Makes Takeover Bid for WestSide of Australia

Landbridge Group, a company based in Shandong Province, China, said that it conditionally intends to make an unsolicited off market takeover bid for all of the shares in WestSide Corporation for cash consideration of $0.36 per share ($160 million).

The Board of WestSide is currently reviewing the terms o f the Intended Bid, and the conditions to a bid being made,” WestSide said in a statement.

The Intended Bid is highly conditional and subject to, amongst other things, the approval of various third parties (including Chinese and Australian government regulatory approvals) and Landbridge undertaking due diligence,” the company added.

WestSide operates the Meridian SeamGas CSG fields west of Gladstone in Queensland’s Bowen Basin. The Meridian gas fields comprise a range of CSG assets including a petroleum lease, gas rights in mining leases and gas compression and pipeline infrastructure connected to Queensland’s commercial gas network.

WestSide holds a 51% interest in the fields with Mitsui E&P Australia Pty Ltd holding the remaining 49%.

LNG World News Staff, March 10, 2014; Image: WestSide

Share this article

Follow LNG World News

Events>

<< Apr 2020 >>
MTWTFSS
30 31 1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 1 2 3

Flame 2020

Flame is Europe’s largest and most influential meeting place for the global gas industry.

read more >

4th PNG Petroleum & Energy Summit

The CWC Group, in partnership with Kumul Petroleum Holdings Ltd.

read more >

FSRU World Congress 2020

FSRU World Congress 2020 will therefore focus on further Commercialising FSRUs through LNG-to-Power…

read more >

CWC World LNG & Gas Series: 12th Asia Pacific Summit

The 2020 Summit will offer an unrivaled programme covering relevant and significant discussion topics…

read more >