Enbridge of Canada Buys Land at Grassy Point

Enbridge of Canada has purchased a $20-million parcel of land on the northwest B.C. coast, a signal it may intend to join the push to export LNG to Asia, Highbank Resources said in a statement on Monday.

The 64 hectares of land purchase by Enbridge Western Access at Grassy Point (35 miles south of Highbank’s Swamp Point North project), is adjacent to larger parcels of land where Australia’s Woodside and China National Offshore Oil Corp. (CNOOC)-owned Nexen have inked purchase agreements with the B.C. government for the Crown lands.

Nexen owns 60% of the proposed LNG project at Grassy Point, called Aurora LNG. The other 40% is owned by Japanese companies Inpex and JGC.

LNG World News Staff, March 12, 2014; Image: Inpex

Share this article

Follow LNG World News

Events>

<< Nov 2019 >>
MTWTFSS
28 29 30 31 1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 1

LNG Pricing, Trading & Hedging: 3-Day Training Course – Singapore / Jan 2019

This three-day training program provides a unique opportunity to learn and apply the practical skills, knowledge and tools needed to:…

read more >

LNG Pricing, Trading & Hedging: 3-Day Training Course – London / Nov 2019

This three-day training program provides a unique opportunity to learn and apply the practical skills, knowledge and tools needed to:…

read more >

FLNG World Congress 2019

2019 FLNG World Congress will bring together stakeholders across the floating liquefaction value…

read more >

Budapest LNG Summit 2019

The Budapest LNG Summit is a niche event focused on the up and coming LNG region of Central & Eastern Europe (CEE).

read more >