Eni expands exploration acreage offshore Ivory Coast

Eni expands exploration acreage offshore Ivory Coast

Italy’s Eni grabbed the majority stakes in two new exploration block approximately 50 kilometers off the shore of the Ivory Coast. 

The two deep offshore blocks, denominated CI-101 and CI-205, are in the eastern part of the Tano basin, where Eni already operates, and cover a total area of about 2,850 square kilometers, the company said in a statement.

Block CI-101 is at water depths of between 200 and 2,500 m and located 50 km south of the capital Abidjan, while block CI-205 is at water depths of between 2,000 and 2,700 m, and located 80 km south-west from the capital.

Eni will operate and hold a 90 percent stake in both blocks, while the state-owned company Petroci continues to hold the remaining 10 percent.

The Italian company operates in the Ivory Coast through its subsidiary Eni Côte d’Ivoire, which in 2015 acquired a 30 percent stake in the offshore exploration block CI-100.

Share this article

Follow LNG World News

Posted on March 23, 2017 with tags .

Events>

<< Aug 2019 >>
MTWTFSS
29 30 31 1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 1

5th CWC China LNG & Gas International Summit & Exhibition

5th CWC China LNG & Gas International Summit & Exhibition will return 16 – 17 October 2019, bringing together the key players…

read more >

LNG Pricing, Trading & Hedging Houston

LNG Pricing, Trading & Hedging training program has been completed by hundreds of leading traders, analysts, risk managers…

read more >

World Gas Series: Morocco Summit

Bringing together key players in the gas value chain in Morocco, the World Gas Series:

read more >

Offshore Energy Exhibition and Conference 2019

The three-day event includes an exhibition where an expected 600+ supply chain companies will showcase their products and services.

read more >