GRTgaz to acquire Elengy

GRTgaz to acquire Elengy

French gas grid operator GRTgaz signed a preliminary memorandum of understanding with Engie and Société d’Infrastructures Gazières to buy the LNG terminal operator Elengy. 

For the shareholders of GRTgaz and Elengy, this planned acquisition responds to both European gas infrastructure challenges and the market player needs, according to Engie’s statement.

French LNG player Engie, that owns the majority of GRTgaz shares, added that the market is currently subject to infrastructure consolidation where very large players are integrating several gas chain businesses, in particular, LNG terminals and gas transmission networks.

The companies plan to pursue negotiations and consult the employee representative bodies. The planned acquisition will be submitted for clearance to the French Energy Regulatory Commission (CRE) as well as the governing bodies of the companies involved.

The transaction will not affect the shareholding in GRTgaz in which Engie holds a 75 percent stake and SIG holds the remaining 25 percent.

Elengy is Europe’s second largest LNG terminal operator with three terminals, and a regasification capacity of 21.25 billion cubic meters per annum of natural gas.

Share this article

Follow LNG World News

Events>

<< Oct 2018 >>
MTWTFSS
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31 1 2 3 4

LNG Supply, Transport & Storage South Asia Forum 2018

LNG Supply, Transport & Storage South Asia Forum 2018 will address and propagate LNG imports…

read more >

Offshore Energy Exhibition & Conference 2018

Offshore Energy Exhibition & Conference (OEEC) is Europe’s leading offshore energy event.

read more >

LNG Philippines Forum 2018

LNG’s role in the Philippines’ energy mix will only get bigger…

read more >

5th Mozambique Gas Summit & Exhibition

Following the Summit’s success in 2017, the CWC Group in partnership with ENH and with the support and participation from MIREME and INP, are delighted to invite you to the 5th edition of the Mozambique Gas Summit & Exhibition taking place at a larger venue this year, the NEW Joaquim Chissano Conference Centre in Maputo on 31 October – 2 November 2018.

Recognised as the leading strategic meeting for Mozambique’s gas industry, the event addresses the entire gas and LNG value chain bringing together Government officials with industry stakeholders for 3 highly interactive days of networking and frank discussions aiming to establish Mozambique as the next international gas hub.

More info

read more >