Hoegh sells Libra LNG carrier

Hoegh sells Libra LNG carrier

Höegh LNG said it has sold the 1979-built vessel LNG Libra to a Chinese energy company for around $20 million.

The company said in a statement that it has received 15% of the purchase price and will receive the remaining 85% by the end of the first quarter 2016, after the vessel has completed her current charter with Gas Natural.

Höegh LNG’s President and Chief Executive Officer, Sveinung J. S. Støhle, said: “LNG Libra was acquired to meet the bid conditions for a specific FSRU project as a conversion candidate, however, we succeeded in placing one of our newbuild FSRUs instead.”

Støhle added that since Höegh LNG’s main focus is newbuild FSRUs and these have become the preferred solution among LNG importers, Libra LNG was viewed as a non-core asset.

Image: Höegh LNG

Share this article

Follow LNG World News

Events>

<< Jan 2020 >>
MTWTFSS
30 31 1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31 1 2

LNG Pricing, Trading & Hedging: 3-Day Training Course – London / Mar 2020

This three-day training program provides a unique opportunity to learn and apply the practical skills…

read more >

American LNG Forum 2020

The American LNG Forum is your gateway to learning about the US LNG export industry,

read more >

2nd Global LNG Forum

Global LNG Forum is an exclusive networking and knowledge-sharing platform for top experts and business leaders in the industry.

read more >

LNG Pricing, Trading & Hedging: 3-Day Training Course – Houston / Feb 2020

This three-day training program provides a unique opportunity to learn and apply the practical skills, knowledge and tools needed to:…

read more >