Hudong delivers sixth APLNG-dedicated carrier

Hudong delivers sixth APLNG-dedicated carrier
Image courtesy of MOL

Mitsui O.S.K. Lines said the LNG carrier CESI Lianyungang has been delivered at the Chinese Hudong-Zhonghua Shipbuilding yard. 

The vessel, ordered by the joint venture of China COSCO Shipping Corporation (CCSC) and China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation (SINOPEC), is the final in the series of six carriers ordered in the China LNG transportation project.

MOL added in its statement that the CESI Lianyungang will sail under a long-term charter transporting LNG that Sinopec purchases from the Australia Pacific LNG project.

The five vessels already delivered for the project are already in operation managed by a joint company in which MOL holds a 20 percent stake while CCSC and SINOPEC hold the remaining 80 percent.

MOL added it is currently involved in the operation of 96 LNG vessels, including FSRUs as well as vessels under construction and is looking to further expand its fleet.

Share this article

Follow LNG World News

Events>

<< Dec 2019 >>
MTWTFSS
25 26 27 28 29 30 1
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31 1 2 3 4 5

The 6th CWC China LNG & Gas International Exhibition & Summit

Following on from LNG 2019 and five successful editions in Beijing, the established China LNG & Gas International Exhibition & Summit…

read more >

LNG Pricing, Trading & Hedging: 3-Day Training Course – Singapore / Jan 2019

This three-day training program provides a unique opportunity to learn and apply the practical skills, knowledge and tools needed to:…

read more >

American LNG Forum 2020

The American LNG Forum is your gateway to learning about the US LNG export industry,

read more >

2nd Global LNG Forum

Global LNG Forum is an exclusive networking and knowledge-sharing platform for top experts and business leaders in the industry.

read more >