New poll released by API shows that majority of voters in Alaska support increased production of U.S. oil and natural gas.
“Today’s poll shows strong majorities of Alaska voters support more domestic oil and natural gas development, regardless of party affiliation,” said Jack Gerard, president and CEO of API.
The state-wide telephone poll, conducted for API by Harris Poll among 601 registered voters in Alaska also found that:
- 94 percent of registered Alaska voters agree that increased production of domestic oil and natural gas resources could lead to more jobs in the U.S.;
- 92 percent say that increased production of domestic oil and natural gas resources could help stimulate the economy;
- 91 percent say that it is important to them to produce more oil and natural gas here at home;
- 87 percent say that increased production of domestic oil and natural gas resources could help strengthen America’s energy security;
- 83 percent say that they support increased production of oil and natural gas resources located here in the U.S;
- 77 percent say that producing more domestic oil and natural gas could help lower energy costs for consumers.
Source: API, May 28, 2014