PTT strikes LNG supply deal with Petronas

PTT strikes LNG supply deal with Petronas

PTT of Thailand has signed a long-term LNG import deal with Malaysia’s Petronas as it attempts to secure country’s gas supply. 

According to Reuters, PTT secured 1 million tons of liquefied natural gas per year under the contract.

The company’s chairman Piyasvasti Amranand told reporters that PTT intends to secure 70 percent of its needs for liquefied natural gas while it will turn to the spot market in order to secure the remaining 30 percent.

The company was given approval by Thailand’s energy policy makers for its plans to agree LNG import deals with Qatargas, Shell and BP.

 

LNG World News Staff; Image: PTT

Share this article

Follow LNG World News

Events>

<< Sep 2019 >>
MTWTFSS
26 27 28 29 30 31 1
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 1 2 3 4 5 6

6th Mozambique Gas Summit & Exhibit

This year’s edition will have a revamped programme for attendees.

read more >

Offshore Energy Exhibition and Conference 2019

The three-day event includes an exhibition where an expected 600+ supply chain companies will showcase their products and services.

read more >

LNGgc London

LNGgc is a fantastic way of raising attendees’ company profile within this market and creating greater awareness of their brand…

read more >

5th CWC China LNG & Gas International Summit & Exhibition

5th CWC China LNG & Gas International Summit & Exhibition will return 16 – 17 October 2019, bringing together the key players…

read more >