Senior officials in liquefied natural gas from the world’s leading energy companies as well as representatives of industry suppliers, investors and distributors will take part in the 6th World LNG Series: Asia Pacific Summit at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in Singapore, September 23-26.
King & Spalding is a co-sponsor of the event, which will have as its focus the outlook for the LNG market in the Asia Pacific, including demand, distribution, supply chain, investment and trading trends and LNG projects.
King & Spalding Singapore-based energy partners Dan Rogers and Merrick White will conduct a training session on September 23 that takes a comprehensive look at price reviews in LNG contracts, including:
- The purpose of a price review clause – retrospective adjustments and forward adjustments;
- How price review clauses generally are constructed;
- Examples of price review clauses;
- Price review triggers, timing and frequency;
- Defining the reference market;
- Determining reference price;
- Consideration of price movement boundaries;
- Binding effect and enforceability issues;
- Dispute resolution and the role of arbitrators and experts;
- Clear limitations on the authority of arbitrators and experts;
- Baseball and high-low arbitration alternatives;
- Impacts on project finance ability;
- Arbitration – options available to ensure mutual resolutions are found.
Press Release, July 18, 2014